Sales Quality Group is always on the lookout for people with keen observation skills. We hire everyday people from all walks of life to meet the needs of our clients across the country. One of the best things about working for SQG is that you work as an independent contractor, so you get to pick and choose the work you want to accept.
Mystery Shopping, sometimes referred to as Secret Shopping, is an exciting and important field of work. “Shoppers” typically work for many different companies, picking up work from a variety of sources (mystery shopping companies and scheduling companies) to create a route of work for any given day.
Shoppers are independent contractors who typically enter our clients’ locations anonymously, conduct themselves normally inside the location, evaluate a variety of criteria on their experience and then fill out a web-based survey which is reviewed and passed on to our client.
SQG specializes in financial shops. Our shoppers “pose” as potential new customers to inquire about a variety of products and services at banks, credit unions and brokerage firms. There are typically NO out-of-pocket expenses (you don’t have to buy anything to complete the job) and there is NEVER a fee to get started.
We have many different kinds of shops available:
- Telephone Shops: These shops are done from home (or cell) and involve calling a particular financial institution to inquire about a particular product. For example, you might be asked to call a local bank to ask about the current rate on a long-term CD.
- Retail In-Person Shops: These shops require a physical visit to a financial institution and the shopper would be instructed to ask about a particular product or service. For example, you might be asked to inquire about opening a savings or checking account.
- Investment Shops: These shops require a physical visit with a Financial Advisor. The shopper would pose as a new potential client with money to invest.
Compensation will vary depending on a variety of factors, including the complexity of the work, length of the shop and the detail required in the subsequent shop report, but generally ranges from $20 to $75 per shop. SQG also offers paid training; training is provided with a combination of written information, online or via email, and either a telephone or in-person briefing session. Shoppers will be provided with complete information in advance of every project. As an independent contractor, you’ll have the opportunity to accept or decline work.
Our clients rely on shoppers to provide feedback vital to the success of their respective businesses. Mystery Shoppers typically “act” as regular customers to visit a particular financial institution. Shoppers interact with employees to observe particular skills and behaviors, assess knowledge and provide feedback about the experience.
The best Mystery Shoppers are observant, reliable and thorough. Shoppers must have the ability to write clearly. We’ll ask you to write a “story” about the interaction you had with an employee immediately after the physical visit and we’ll provide an outline of points to cover, so that you can be thorough.
We are always looking for conscientious people with strong attention to detail to conduct mystery shops. Shoppers provide valuable information that enables our clients to identify and reward the best of their employees and correct operational challenges. The information you provide will be used to help our clients develop and implement training processes to ensure the success of their companies.
Scam Alert: Protect Yourself
- Reputable mystery shopping companies do NOT ask you to pay a fee; they pay you for work you complete (according to instructions). Sales Quality Research Group, Inc. (SQG) is a reputable mystery shopping company. Independent Contractors can count on SQG to provide fair shopper compensation in a timely manner.
- Your application and personal information are secure with us. Be aware that some individuals attempt to use the SQG name and/or logo in illegal scams. Protect yourself by verifying the source of any assignment offer. SQG manages a large portion of shops in-house and uses partners to provide field services on some projects. If you are directed to apply or provide personal information at any site other than https://shoppers.salesqualitygroup.com please STOP and notify our office immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (480)967-7500.